Quality time with Ohana

Ohana means family ♥

Sounds familiar ??

Yep, it’s a saying Lilo frequently use in the cartoon “Lilo & Stitch” Loving Stitch so muchie.. I own a tiny collection of Stitch stuff from food container to wire cable to umbrella to blanket and the list goes on >~< but that’s beside the point.. hahaha..

Not much eventful happenings in my life to blog about right now, so I’d figure to talk about family ♥

Do you ever realize we talk and act differently towards our family members ? In front of friends/colleagues/acquaintances , we are courteous and friendly and more often than not, will suppress ourselves and force a smile even if you are unhappy with something they have said or done.. Some of us deluded ourselves with the reason that we have to be respectful and courteous to others hence not saying/doing what you really want to.. But with family, we tend to talk back, disagree and/or show a grumpy face.. That’s because we are too familiar and close too them that we wrongly thought that they have to accept us the way we want ourselves to be..

THIS IS A TOTALLY WRONG CONCEPT OF THINKING.. WRONG MINDSET !

Family accept us they way we are and will still love us no matter what we do, even if we hurt them cuz we’re family.. The family bond is very strong, as the saying goes, blood is thicker than water.. right ? But, sadly to say, humans tend to show only their true colors to those they are close with.. I guess you can say humans are born with a degree of shallowness in them, maybe not everyone but most of them..

Be reminded that we only spend an average of 30 years with friends/colleagues/acquaintances, at most 40 years.. But, the amount of time spent with family is an average of 60 years ?! Family stick up for you and won’t ever disappoint or let you down.. They will still support you when the going gets tough but will friends/colleagues/acquaintances do the same ? I’m not denying the precious bond of friendship some of them think are more important than family, but can you honestly say they will always be there for you when you need them no matter the consequences ? 

I do have friends that I love and try to cherish our friendship as much as I can, but for me, family is still in the first place.. I couldn’t have reach the place I am now without the love and support from my family.. I’m not gonna lie and say I am a very good girl in the household.. I do bicker with my siblings but we made up.. I do dislike my the way my parents handle things sometimes but I know it’s for my own good and safety.. I can just honestly say this, I can giveaway all my precious collections and if need be, shorten my life span if I can help out when my family needs it..

I am not trying to be a saint here.. It’s just that, sometimes when I do reflecting (thinking), I realized that my parents have really done and sacrifice a lot for me.. I can’t tell how much they have done because they never boast about things they do for me and my siblings and it’s quite personal, but from what I know they have done, I don’t think this post will end.. I reckon it will take 963376234803845632171 days = forever to list down all the things they have done for us.. Lolol xD

So, do spend more time with your family and love them more..

That’s all for today~~~bye =)

Comments

Popular Posts