Condolences

Life is so uncertain.. It is something so precious, so fragile.. You never know if you are gonna be breathing and standing upright the very next moment.. So, don’t procrastinate, don’t say you’re gonna do it tomorrow.. What if you’re never gonna see tomorrow ?

My university mate, a very strong-willed and really caring friend has passed on this morning.. She has succumbed to cancer after fighting the battle for survival a little more than a year.. “You’re a born fighter my dear, you stayed strong and have faith in life, in God no matter what life deals you”.. And I guess God loves her more, hence him taking her away from us to be by his side so that she suffers no more.. 

She was one of those people that shines bright like a diamond in any place even when she had self-confidence issues.. She’s always showing a cheerful face that instantly lit us up when we’re going through stressed-assignment-cum-exam-periods.. She’s so nice and friendly, you gravitate towards her without you even noticing.. Course mates like her, juniors like her and even the lecturers like her.. She gives clever little comments that brightens up the mood in class.. She has excellent ideas in drama and a creative mind in poetry.. Even when you sometimes think you’re not cut out to study Literature, my dear don’t you believe it, cuz you aced it like a “rock star” !

My one and only rock star in UKM, do you know,

Never again will I eat biscuits for a meal without hearing you say, “Biscuits for lunch only a ? Eat proper meal la Yvvone.” Never again will I drink Starbucks without thinking of you.. Never again will I hear you hearty laugh and I will miss it so.. Never again will I see you but dear Eliza, you will always be in my heart and deeply missed..

My sincere and deepest condolences to her family and friends.. May she find peace in the other world.. We will see her some time, in the other realm..

You can never tell, with life.. So, treasure it as best as you can..

Comments

Popular Posts